6 Benefits of Accounting Software Tools For Small Businesses
11 August 2020
How To Maximise The Reach Of A Single Blog Post
10 August 2020
nichemarket Round-up For July 2020
07 August 2020
Your Guide To Banks In South Africa
05 August 2020
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
How To Bootstrap Your eCommerce Businesses
Justin van Heerden is the founder of
Look to set yourself apart
From day 1 we have stuck by our goal to always bring that little bit of magic to our clients with every purchase and this is something we feel very strongly about. Here are a few things we believe set us apart from competitors
- Access to information needs to be easy if a client can’t easily find what they are looking for on your site they will go somewhere else;
- We are constantly searching for new products that we can bring to the market
- Client interaction is everything for an online store, the people running the store almost never get to meet the clients, there is no longer that personal interaction, at
Kidsologywe strive to engage with our clients as if they were walking into a physical store, we do this by responding to every request as quickly as possible and keeping clients updated throughout the journey of their parcel.
- We aim to deliver a little bit of magic with every purchase, the excitement in a kid’s eyes when they get the gift they have been asking for ages, that is the reason we got into the game. Knowing where you are going
A basic business plan for a start-up
A business plan is
- Throw in the towel and give it up as a failed attempt; or
- You can revert to your business plan, revisit your goals and strategies and put new roads in place, the great thing about a business plan is it is a guideline for your business, not a rulebook and guidelines can be changed.
As a lean startup (starting a business with very little or no funding) we learned to bootstrap our way to the point where we could start turning a profit and growing organically. Starting your own business is a lonely road, yes you will get the support from friends and family, which is
You cannot do it alone, partner with someone that has the skills you are lacking, join SMME Forums to speak to
Bits of advice
As a start-up, these bits of advice are what helped Kidsology grow and are still the main points when planning the future growth of the business.
- Marketing is everything, do you think Coca-Cola would be as big as it is today without marketing? Marketing also does not need to be expensive, in the first few months Kidsology grew its business through targeted paid Facebook marketing ads, and this is still part of our strategy today. There are many ways to get your name out there without breaking the bank.
- Try and steer clear of borrowing money, a mistake many startups make is borrowing money from banks, the problem with this is that these often come with high-interest rates over long periods, soon you will realise that you are working to pay off debt. Starting lean and growing organically may take longer but at the end of the day, the benefits are worth it.
- No one goes into business without the aim of making money, so ensure that you are making a profit with every sale, but be careful not to let money become the driving force behind your business, remember without clients there will not be any profits.
- Have fun with it, it’s your business and your chance to show the world that little bit of yourself through your brand.
- Learn from the others, chances are that your idea is not necessarily new but learn from your competitors what made them succeed, adapt it to fit your store and make it your own.
There are plenty of other online toy stores for kids but at
About the Author
Justin van Heerden is the founder of