5 Tips For Emergency Plumbing Situations
24 November 2023
Protecting Sensitive Data In Office Environments
21 November 2023
83 Black Friday Software Deals 2023
21 November 2023
Reduce Workplace Injuries On Construction Sites
20 November 2023
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
How To Fix iPhone/iPad Only Charging In Certain Positions
05 July 2020
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
12 Podcasts Digital Marketers Should Follow
I've been an avid follower of podcasts since my varsity days, it was always a great way to kill time during my daily commute to town and also a source of insight and new ideas. It also saved me from having to listen to prank calls, traffic news and the radio DJ's wisecracks, every morning and evening. Podcasts are an amazing source of targetted content, where users can find a topic they're interested in and immerse themselves in the content in a completely different way.
Podcasts usage in SA
Overall podcast listening stats in South Africa are almost non-existent, while In the US, an estimated 46 million Americans over the age of 12 now listen to podcasts on a monthly basis. That's 17% of the 12+ US population and showing consistent annual growth. For digital marketers in South Africa, podcasts are an untapped resource and early adopters can gain an edge by listening to experiences and expertise from people in the digital field. Having access to insights that may otherwise go unexplored can give you and your business the competitive edge.
Podcasts for the digital marketer
Getting into podcasts may not always be as easy to access as a simple google search and great podcasts may be hidden from Google. That's why I thought it would be useful to compile a list of podcasts for the digital marketer. Here are a few to get you going.
Podcasts for the start up or smaill business owner
- 1. Duct Tape Marketing – John Jantsch is a leading man in the world of small business experts. His podcasts revolve around interviews with thought leaders, experts, and authors who share business resources, tactics, and marketing tips.
- 2. Marketing Smarts from MarketingProfs – This thirty-minute long professional marketing advice podcast interviews marketers from all walks of life. The actionable and helpful information will quickly grow your marketing know-how in no time.
Podcasts for the social media marketer
- 3. Six Pixels of Separation – Six Pixels of Separation is hosted by Mitch Joel and tackles the complex universe of social media/digital marketing. This podcast is aware of customer influence and explains it in a manner that even beginners could understand.
- 4. Social Pros – Social Pros shines the light on the work that social media practitioners carry out for companies. In addition to this, Adam Brown (of Salesforce) and Jay Baer (of Convince and Convert) chime in on current ideas and marketing trends.
- 5. Social Business Engine - A conversation about marketing wouldn't be complete without a discussion of the growing and evolving role of social media. This show is incredibly well-prepared and includes fantastic end-of-show recaps from Borges that showcase both his deep understanding of the landscape and the guest's unique perspective.
- 6. The Missing Link – The Missing Link consistently hits the nail on the head in regards to marketing. Hosted by Sean Jackson, this podcast offers helpful hints in regards to one of the most powerful networking sites: LinkedIn.
Podcasts for the SEO
- 7. SEO 101 – If you’re looking for the basics, SEO 101 has you covered. Hosts John Carcutt and Ross Dunn provide great information that isn’t too difficult for listeners to handle.
- 8. SEO Dojo Radio – SEO Dojo Radio is here to whip your marketing and SEO strategies into shape.
- 9. Unknown Secrets of Internet Marketing – The Unknown Secrets of Internet Marketing is one of the more popular podcasts covering SEO in the iTunes store. If you’re looking to boost your know-how regarding SEO and internet marketing, this podcast is an excellent choice.
Podcasts for the content marketer
- 10. Content Warfare Podcast – Hosted by Ryan Handley, Content Warfare Podcast secrets for success when it comes to content marketing. In addition to this, he interviews familiar names within the marketing world.
- 11. PNR: This Old Marketing – Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi are well known as experts in the world of content marketing. Their podcasts cover industry rants, discussions regarding marketing headlines, and a marketing example (at the end of each podcast).
- 12. Content Convergence - Steve Rubel is an authority in the content marketing space, and his show brings in the best and brightest for conversations about the changing world of content. Call it "branded," "sponsored," "custom," or "advertorial," Rubel is exploring the past, present and future of the content industry, and the way it impacts advertisers, publisher, agencies and content creators.
Do you have any podcasts you feel should be added to this list? Let us know in the comments section below.
If you want to know more about digital marketing resources don’t be shy we’re happy to assist. Simply contact us here