Mind, Body & Soul
CBD for Insomnia: Can It Help?
27 July 2021
SEO Tips For Paywall Content
27 July 2021
Technical Reasons For App Store Rejection
23 July 2021
Hit the Road
How Can You Make Your Trip More Meaningful
23 July 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
20 Popular Content Types That Drive Social Media Traffic
If you're in the content marketing field you will know how difficult it can be to generate content that pleases both your organic search audience as well as your social media audiences, not all topics are created equal especially when you're trying to sell something. How do you make a product or service sound exciting? Which angle should you take that will appeal to the masses?
If you've been generating content that hasn't been getting the likes/reactions, shares, comments and click-throughs you've been craving there is still hope for you. Don't give up, content marketing is about consistency and those you persevere normally come out on top.
Social media audiences are a different can of worms
Unlike your search audience, your social media audience doesn't really know what they want, they have no idea, nor intent to use or purchase your product or service, they're merely looking to explore the net, find out what's new and absorb what is most relevant to them. This is why newsfeeds spots have become increasingly competitive with brands throwing millions of dollars at it every year just to try and get your attention.
To solicit the prized click from social media newsfeeds using content marketing you need to find the most relevant angle for your content and you can't always rely on generic list-
Content marketing angles that work for social
So what are these angles? We've looked at the most popular content, the ones that go viral and tried to piece together what makes them appeal to us so much and we found some trends that might "shock you". Well, might not shock you but open your eyes to a new way of writing content that may be just the breath of fresh air your site needs. Here is a list of 20 proven content angles that if you can apply to your product, service or experience will definitely get your social media audience interested.
30 Content marekting angles that work on social
- Content that reminds us life is short
- Content that reminds us that dreams can come true
- Content that gives us faith to believe in bigger things or a higher power
- Content that reminds us we matter
- Content that reminds us that we've been overlooking the basics
- Content that has an unexpected plot twist (Yes, be the online M. Night Shyamalan)
- Content that tells us a story
- Content that takes us along on a journey
- Content that inspires us to take action
- Content that makes us laugh or smile, #lol
- Content tat makes us cry be it tears of sadness or joy
- Content that reveals a big secret
- Content that holds a surprise - Yes this one has to shock you
- Content that encourages to never give up and to keep going 1
- Content that reminds us we are one of a kind and encourages us to live in that way or pursue that niche
- Content that reminds us that there is more to discover
- Content that confirms our assumptions
- Content that challenges our assumptions
- Content that educations while entertaining us
- Content where David defeats Goliath
Bonus content type
We thought we'd give you one extra for good measure 21. Content that gives us a fresh point of view on common thoughts, ideas or even misconceptions
Hitting social media newsfeeds on the right angle
Content marketing is forever evolving and there is always someone who has a new take or new approach to something old, making it relevant and oh so applicable to the reader.
I encourage you to try the approach above and I'm sure once you get the hang of it I'm sure your readers will fall in love with your content to a point where readers feel you wrote it specifically for them. Now that you have an angle to play off of, how will you use it on your next content piece? Have you used this strategy before? If so how has it worked for yo? Let us know in the comments section below.
If you want to know more about content marketing don’t be shy we’re happy to assist. Simply contact us here