Ways to Make Your Backyard More Relaxing
03 August 2021
Fur, Fins & Feathers
Tips To Make Your Anxious Cat Happy
29 July 2021
Mind, Body & Soul
CBD for Insomnia: Can It Help?
27 July 2021
SEO Tips For Paywall Content
27 July 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
14 Benefits of ESL Programs
English is the western worlds language of choice with many countries adopting it as its first or second language. As the internet and globalisation open up opportunities across the world, English has become more important. Non-native English speaking parents continue to push their children into opportunities to learn English so that they may branch out and find work or studies abroad.
ESL classes also prepare immigrants to the specifics of English speakers and western society. Concepts that may seem second nature to us take much longer to become clear without guidance and instruction. So ESL classes facilitate a proactive measure to ensure that immigrants understand their rights and responsibilities.
While these are probably the primary motivations to sign up for an ESL program, there are some other benefits many do not consider, such as:
1. Turning students into global citizens
ESL classes also help students by getting them to interact with a native speaker native speakers and to gain familiarity with native speaker speech and the strategies for dealing with it.
Probably the best effect is that ESL classes will ultimately assist immigrants' ability to do all that is expected of a citizen of an English speaking country. To have an income to buy goods and services, to pay taxes and to live cohesively within the community. Without ESL classes, this may not occur.
Having so many possibilities for students, you can see why ESL programs across the globe are in desperate need of reachers and why it has become such a lucrative venture.
2. Communicating in a new languageNaturally, the primary advantage a person gains from attending an ESL program is learning to communicate in the English language. While it may seem like a given to some, this ability allows the individual to create connections with a broader range fo the population and open up new opportunities.
3. Changes the brains electrical activityIt was believed that there is a change in brain functioning when students had obtained a language ability in the new language. This new skill is said to stimulate their ability for learning in ways never seen before.
4. "Superior memory function."Language learning showed an increase in memory capacities; this was especially strong in short-term memory. This is a massive benefit because it allows the brain to keep information in mind for longer durations while thinking processes are activated.
5. Increased mental flexibilityLearning a new language is said to open up pathways which allow a person to use "differing avenues for thought." A second language helps the brain to be more flexible and agile.
6. Increased problem-solving abilitiesA person also benefits from language learning by gaining increased problem-solving skills in all of the following areas: abstract thinking skills, concept formation, creative hypothesis formulation, strengthened capacity to identify, understand and solve problems; the ability to focus on a task by filtering out distractions and extraneous information and an increase in multi-tasking ability.
7. Greater comprehension for how language works and is usedLanguage acquisition also benefits a person by creating a greater understanding of how style works and is used. The study found individuals with multilingual communication were able to read better and interpret social situations, which improved their performance in social settings.
8. Prevents the deterioration of brain functioning over timeIt is also reported that multilingual individuals had a decreased rate of 2 to 4 years in the development of age-related cognitive problems such as dementia.
9. Increased ability in digital literacyThe culmination of all these advantages results in another ancillary benefit which is increased knowledge in digital literacy. Because of these quickened mental abilities, multilingual individuals have a remarkable ability to stay up to date with modern technologies.
10. Help immigrants to find work and reduce unemploymentWhen someone is equipped with the ability to learn English, they then open themselves up to new opportunities both locally and internationally. Overseas work can be accessed via immigration or even building up a portfolio of work online.
11. Give people a platform to immigrateIf opportunities are scares in the country of choice or the niche the person has a fascination in doesn't have a local market to sustain working in the filed. English as a second language can help with the immigration process and allow the individual to find work in countries where their skills are highly valued.
12. Helps teach about racial tolerance and multiculturalismWhen someone learns the English language from a native speaker, they cannot help but learn about the cultures synonymous with the western world. This opens up the learner to new ideas that they have not had in their local culture and gives them a better understanding of other cultures customs and promotes tolerance and multiculturism in the process.
13. Contributes to the alleviation of poverty
As mentioned previously learning English as a second language provides the individual with new Opportunites and opportunities that have better remuneration.
When these second language skilled workers find themselves getting access to new opportunities and addtional disposable income.
Those who benefit from the new opportunities then help their friends and families, promote the benefits of English and help people they come into contact with move out of poverty and uplift future generations.
14. Contributes to the growth of the economyAs more people find better levels of work and higher sources of income, they begin to not only send money home through remittance. That money is used in local communities to improve the velocity of money in some areas of the world that were previously devoid of this influx of capital.
Tell us your ESL story
Have you taught or signed up for an ESL program? How did it work out for you? Let us know in the comments section below.
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African educational businesses can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online.
Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have time to spare why not check out these related posts and dive deeper down the rabbit hole that is education.
- 10 Sites That Teach Coding For Free Online
- Trending Hashtags For Teachers & Lecturers
- What Is The International Day of Education?
- How To Get An MBA Online In South Africa