6 Major Mistakes You Are Doing That Is Harming Your Teeth
27 January 2020
Hit the Road
How South Africans Can Gain Malta Residency By Investment
27 January 2020
Hit the Road
The Best Holiday Destinations in the UK For 2020
27 January 2020
Most Effective B2B Facebook Marketing Strategies
27 January 2020
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
How To Get Google Grants For Non-profit Organizations
Attracting new supporters is a critical element of any good NGO fundraising strategy. Donors come and go and will fade away however hard you try to retain them and it is important to constantly look at recruiting new supporters to your cause. More and more NGOs are adding an online presence but their websites aren't easily found due to lack of resources, skills and with online not being a core of their daily practices.
Online marketing can sound like a great avenue for growth but can be tough even for the seasoned businesses in the biggest markets and can hire the best digital professionals. So marketing for non-profits who target a specific niche and have a limited or no budget can be extremely hard. With so much noise online these days how do non=profts make sure that the next time someone searches for your organisation they find you or get lost in the clutter?
In steps Google Grants! Google grants provide NGOs with an online marketing budget which they can use to show up more frequently within Google search results, to showcase their efforts to more people. Which can translate into more donations and more volunteers — the lifeblood of every nonprofit
What Is Google Ad Grants?
The Google Ad Grants Program gives nonprofits the chance to advertise on Google AdWords at no cost to the nonprofit. This program gives qualified organisations $10,000 per month in AdWords spend to be used to promote their missions and initiatives using Googles extensive ad network.
How Google Grants work
Google Ad Grants work just like Google AdWords online advertising, by displaying your message to people who are searching for nonprofits like yours. If you’re a qualifying nonprofit, you’ll receive $10,000 USD in in-kind AdWords advertising every month. The advertising budget can be used for paid search ads, display as well as remarketing which extends the reach of your ads even further than just merely Google search. Once you've successful application has been put through Google Grants can work in two ways, via Adwords or Adwords Express.
You can run your ads via AdWords express which is an easy to set up management tool that allows you to create ads without all the complex targeting which Googles algorithms will handle. This is perfect for the one-man marketing team or those with limited knowledge of the platform. However, to get the most out your donation from Google I recommend going with the Adwords option. Allowing a digital professional to manage and optimise your account and get the most reach and engagement from your spend can be the difference between 1000 and 100 000 visitors per year.
How to qualify for a Google Grant
To qualify, companies must go through the application process, and to keep the grant they must follow the program details. To be eligible for Google Grants an organisation must:
- Hold current and valid charity status
- Acknowledge and agree to Google Grant’s required certifications regarding how to receive and use donations obtained from the grant (we will go into more detail)
- Have a website that is both functioning and provides adequate detail on your nonprofit
Note the following organisations are not eligible for Google Grants:
- Governmental entities and organisations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organisations are eligible).
To be eligible for Google Grants a non-profit website must:
- Link to the nonprofit URL that was approved in your application process.
- Login to account regularly, If a nonprofit advertiser who has a Google Grant does not log into their AdWords account, the account is subject to being passed without notification.
- Reflect the mission of your nonprofit. You can advertise to sell products as long as 100% of the proceeds are going to support your program.
- The ads you create cannot point to pages that are used to primarily send visitors to other websites.
- Your ads cannot offer financial products, such as mortgages or credit cards.
- Your ads also cannot be asking for donations in the form of large goods such as cars, boats or property donations. Keywords related to this activity are also not allowed.
- Your website cannot display ads from Google AdSense or other affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Grants.
Countries that Google Grants Are available in
Google grants currently work with over 20,000 nonprofits across more than 50 countries, here is the list of countries. If you're non-profit operates in any of these countries, you'll be able to apply for the program.
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
Reach out with Google
Imagine what you could do with $10,000 USD worth of advertising budget every month from AdWords. You could use it to recruit more volunteers, attract more donations and get your name and your cause out there to showcase all the good work you're doing. How you want to advertise and what goals you want to set is all up to you. To apply for Google Grants visit their website here.
If you want to know more about Google Grants or need someone to manage your account, don't be shy we’re happy to assist. Simply contact us here
Source: Google Analytics Blog
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African Business owners can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online. Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions.
If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have a little extra time to dive deeper down the rabbit hole, why not check out the following posts about NPO's and good causes:
- 8 Worthy South African Causes Who Could Use Some of Your Festive Joy
- Popular Hashtags For Charity and NGOs