Why Curators Are Starting To Outperform Influencers
26 October 2021
Effective LinkedIn Marketing Strategies for 2022
25 October 2021
Third Or First-person Writing: What Is More Engaging Social Media Content?
23 October 2021
5 Advantages of Choosing Festival Food Catering Services
23 October 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
Cosmetic Benefits Of Rooibos Tea
We only have one body to live and its essential to take care of it and make sure it looks and operates at its best. There are so many natural remedies for your skin or a replacement for skincare products, and South Africa is blessed with one of them.
Rooibos is a plant that grows in the wild, and South Africans discovered the fantastic benefits of this plant a long time ago. Rooibos belongs to the legume family of plants.
The plant was mistakenly identified as a tea plant, but Rooibos is more than that. The unfermented or green Rooibos possess a mild taste while fermented Rooibos has a sweet taste. The traditional Rooibos is also a natural product that has no preservatives, additives or colourants. Let us have a glimpse at the fantastic benefits of Rooibos for skin, hair and health!
Rooibos is more than just a drink
One of South Africa’s experts on Rooibos, Dr Jeanine Marnewick from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, is leading the field in research into the health benefits. She has looked into the effect of the high levels of antioxidants and polyphenols in Rooibos on a condition called “oxidative stress” in the cells of the body.
Oxidative stress is essentially an imbalance between the production of free radicals – an unstable molecule of oxygen – and the ability of the body to use antioxidants to counteract or detoxify their harmful effects. The more free radicals that are active, the higher the likelihood of developing diseases, such as heart disease, inflammation, chronic fatigue and cancers.
1. Anti-ageing propertiesRooibos is enriched with an excellent antioxidant known as superoxide dismutase. This antioxidant is a unique anti-ageing substance. Superoxide dismutase present in Rooibos helps in reducing wrinkles and boosts the production of healthy skin cells.
2. Prevents skin disordersThe high levels of flavonoid in rooibos help in preventing skin disorders like eczema and acne. You can either drink rooibos tea or apply it directly to your skin to fight acne. It also contributes to healthier skin.
3. Alleviate bacterial infectionsRooibos possesses anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic properties. These properties help in fighting various bacterial infections on the skin and prevent them from occurring again. It also helps in relieving allergies.
4. Promotes healthy skinRooibos contains high levels of vitamins and minerals like vitamin D and zinc, which helps to make skin healthy and shiny from inside. Drinking this healthy tea not only gives beautiful skin but also helps to remove dead cells from our skin.
5. Boosts hair growthRegular consumption of rooibos tea can increase hair growth. Rooibos is enriched with minerals like zinc, calcium, copper, and potassium that not only promote hair growth while strengthening hair roots.
6. Prevents grey hairYou don't need to be over 40 to have grey hair! Thanks to increasing stress and pollution, greying of hair is no longer a symptom of the aged. The high levels of copper present in rooibos extract help prevent premature greying of hair. So sip rooibos tea for hair without a hint of grey!
Taking care of your skinHaving a good skincare routine is not only about what you do on the outside but also what you put into your body. Providing your body with the right level of nutrients helps your body perform the tasks it needs to do to keep you looking as healthy and as youthful as possible
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African beauty businesses can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online.
Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have time to spare why not check out these related posts and dive deeper down the rabbit hole that is beauty and grooming tips.
- Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
- The Best Nail Health Tips for A Fashionista
- Brown Spots on Skin: Causes and Treatments
- 7 Ways Your Lifestyle Affects Your Skin
- 7 Make-up Essentials To carry In Your Bag