How to Scale Your Startup for Maximum Growth
26 January 2021
How Analytics Can Improve A Student Success
25 January 2021
5 Decor Changes That Make Your Office Better
25 January 2021
Mind, Body & Soul
4 Ways To Handle Depression After 2020
25 January 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
How Your Business Website Can Benefit From a Blog
In the world of small businesses blogging is always seen as a nice to have and is almost never prioritised regarding daily tasks. Understandably so, blogging takes time and requires research and a little bit of effort. Also, not everyone has a flair for writing, so they generally see it as a tedious task. However, if given a chance, a blog can take your business to new heights and expose your brand to a whole new audience.
Why do you think big brands and startups spend a massive chunk of their budget on creating blog content? The answer is simple "Because it works!" Here's a list of opportunities you are missing out by not making use of your business blog.
Eight reasons why you should be blogging for your brand
- Improve your SEO and online visibility As we always say in the world of SEO, content is king. The more relevant content you have on your site, the better you will be positioned as an authority on the subject. Google also favours sites that are always sharing new original content with their audiences, and what better way to do that than through your blog?
- Attract new customers If you are looking to attract more business online specifically on specific niches or topics, you got to write some content about it. If the info is not on your site and people are searching for it, you are missing out on valuable traffic. These are potentially new customers that may have never discovered your brand or website before.
- Engage with your target audience Creating new content to share with customers ensures that you always have something for them to read and a reason for them to keep coming back to your site and engage with your brand online. This is another way to ensure that you are top of mind when it comes to purchasing.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field If you been working in your niche for a while, you have already gathered a wealth of knowledge and can advise your customers to make the best purchase for them. Don't keep all that info to yourself, write about it. This will position you and your brand as an authority in your field and build confidence in your brand; which in turn increases sales.
- Provide Useful Advice to aid customers in the Buying Cycle Blogging about your products and ranges in a helpful manner will attract more customers to your website. Customers often search for reviews or advice before they purchase, if you provide them with this info in the research phase, they are more likely to purchase from you. And if they don't, you creating brand awareness, so it's a win-win situation.
- Have new content to share on social Posting content regularly on social helps to keep
- Promote your products and campaigns Use your blog as a platform to give some extra push and to your products and campaigns. While offering advice or tips, link back to products you would recommend for a particular scenario. This will encourage users to browse and shop on your site and see what you have to offer them.
- Inject your voice and personality into your brand A blog is an opportunity to have fun with your brand and give it life. Tell your story in whichever way you like, create a voice that is fitting for your brand and have fun with it.
- The best blogs are those that readers can relate to and those are the pieces that get shared the most. It doesn't have to be all stuffy and serious if it's not what you about.
- As long as you adding value in each piece, it will reap the benefits in the long-term.
How to get started with your business blog?
So now that you know why it's important, you have to start getting some great content out there for users to read.
Most websites platforms come with built-in blog features, so you have to activate the blog section or make it visible. If you are using Wordpress or Shopify, it's all there.
Generating ideas for content
Start off easily, what are your daily struggles or most common questions you have to answer. Have a look at your FAQ's and see which questions could be fleshed out into an article. Make a list of common topics and useful info you could provide. If you struggling with ideas, have a look at these useful tools to get those content ideas flowing.
Hot Tip: You want to make sure that your blog is formated in an ideal manner for the web reader, writing for online and normal print is a little bit different. Have a look at our guide on how to craft the perfect blog post here.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about getting your business blog started, comment below or feel free to contact us here!
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African Business owners can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online. Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions.
If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have a little extra time to dive deeper down the rabbit hole, why not check out the following posts on blogging.
- Why South African Businesses Should Blog
- How To Turn Your Blog Into A Business
- 10 Content Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses
- 10 Sites Bloggers Can Use For Self Syndication