The Importance of Store Cleanliness
25 February 2021
The Best Digital Channels for NGOs - Part 2
23 February 2021
5 Tips to Boost Employee Engagement During the Pandemic
20 February 2021
12 Eco-Friendly Ways to Transform Your Decking for Summer
18 February 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
How To Track Your App Marketing Campaigns In GA
If you don't have much of an app add budget check out the following article 6 Ways To Drive App Installs With No Budget
What are postbacks?
Benefits of Postbacks
- Helps ad networks optimize their ad campaigns
- Results in better quality ads
- Delivers more effective CPAs for app developers
- Allows developers to optimise their ad spend
How Postbacks work
- User clicks on an install ad campaign promoting app B in app A.
- Redirect: ad network populates IDFA and sends the client to Analytics. If the user is on Android, Analytics uses the referrer to grab attribution information.
- Analytics strips the IDFA and other parameters and redirects the user to the App Store.
- A user installs and uses app B which uses the Analytics SDK.
- Developer sees the App Store install in Analytics.
- Analytics sends a postback to the attributed network with the information it needs.
Networks available for postback support
- Millennial Media
- Millennial Media DSP
- App installs
- App launch
- Transaction in app
How to set up Postbacks in Analytics
Note: Before enabling Postbacks, confirm that iOS install tracking or Android campaign tracking are configured for your app(s). Refer to the related resources at the bottom of this article to help you get started.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the Account and Property you want to edit.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Postbacks.
- Click + ADD NEW.
- Select an Ad Network from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next step.
- Select a view that you want the conversions associated with.
- Select a conversion type you want to send to the ad network.
- Click Next step.
- Add Network Parameters:
- Many networks require that you input data that helps identify your app in their systems. This is often equivalent to an app or account ID.
- Depending on the network, Analytics will ask you for the appropriate parameter for that network. Retrieve this ID by working
- with the networks directly.
- If no parameter is required, you do not need to fill anything in.
- Click Done.