Why Curators Are Starting To Outperform Influencers
26 October 2021
Effective LinkedIn Marketing Strategies for 2022
25 October 2021
Third Or First-person Writing: What Is More Engaging Social Media Content?
23 October 2021
5 Advantages of Choosing Festival Food Catering Services
23 October 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
How To Add Your Business To DuckDuckGo Maps
Data privacy continues to become more critical, especially among your savvier and higher LSM users. These also tend to be the ones many businesses want to reach out to with their marketing efforts. The more advanced users tend to shy away from social media, use fewer apps, leave less of a data trail and also use services like ad blockers.
So they make it rather challenging to reach them, but it doesn't mean they are entirely out of bounds. Services that respect user data privacy continue to grow in popularity, and users have long flocked to search engines DuckDuckGo search engine for their privacy offerings.
DuckDuckGo performs similar to other search engines in that it provides you with rich snippets and map listings for businesses. You may be familiar with it when adding your map listing to Google via Google my Business.
DuckDuckGo has a similar service, but it's not as seamless as Googles offering.
Where does DuckDuck Go Maps get its data?
DuckDuckGo, like other search engines, offers local SEO search query support. You may see a map in your search results if it's particularly relevant to your search terms.
- Coffee near me
- Map of city
You can click on a map result to open an interactive map where you can pan, zoom, search, and look up directions.
DuckDuckGo map searches and route planning are powered by Apple's MapKit JS framework, so they pull their data directly from Apple Maps listings.
Information provided with DuckDuckGo Maps
When a user performs a local search query for a service or business and indexed listings are available, the map listings will automatically be triggered. Alternatively, users can select the Map search option first before submitting their query.
When a business listing is triggered, you will get directions, set a planned route and even see reviews from third party sites.
However, the standard data you should see is:
- The full address of a location.
- A city, state, country, or region name.
- A business name.
- A type of business.
- Link to business website
- A phone number
- A deep-link to Apple Maps
How to add your business to DuckDuckGo via Apple Maps
- Visit Apple Maps Connect.
- Login or create a new Apple ID and click the blue arrow to proceed.
- You will be sent to a menu called "Small Business." Click "Add My Business"
- Enter your business name and location to find your listing in the Apple Maps directory. If not found, click "Add a new place."
Enter the following business information:
- Place name (business name)
- Place status (either "This place is open" or "This place has moved or closed") Country
- Phone number
- Apple Pay ("Accepted" or "Not Accepted") - Not always applicable
Note: There are over 1,340 business categories to choose from, but yours may not be there, so select the closest category you can.
- After submitting your information, click "Call me now" to trigger a phone call to your business.
- Over the phone, you will receive a 4-digit code that you must enter on the screen.
- Once verified, you need to update your business information and social links, then click "Claim this place" or "Submit for review."
How to test DuckDuckGo map listings
Search for a restaurant, store, or any business and follow it near me to get local search results. Or search for a business, such as a hotel, golf course, or grocery store, by type or Brand name, and it should trigger a result.
Improving your local SEO
Claiming your DuckDuckGo Maps listing and other popular map apps is a great way to start your local SEO journey, but it doesn't stop there. Contact us for a local SEO audit, and we can help your business improve its chances of appearing for local search queries.
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African Business owners can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online. Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions.
If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have a little extra time to dive deeper down the rabbit hole, why not check out the following posts on Local SEO.
- How to manage User Roles in Google My Business Listings
- Google My Business Could Become A Paid Service
- Add A Booking Service To Your Google Knowledge Graph
- How To Create A Google My Business Listing Without A Physical Location