The Advantages and Disadvantages of Code Obfuscation
18 June 2021
How To Use Antiques in Modern Spaces
18 June 2021
Five Secrets of HR Software That Everyone Misses
18 June 2021
Hit the Road
Top 5 Yacht Charters For 2021
11 June 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
50 Profitable Consulting Business Ideas
Starting a business is always seen as a capital intensive process, but it need not be the case. The digital realm we now find ourselves in with modern technology providing new opportunities each day.
Digital nomads and consultants make up a large part of the impendent gig economy, and it continues to grow each day.
Globalisation has been the springboard for a new age of business professionals with the search for affordable skilled labour continuing to grow.
Why the need for consultants
Many overloaded business owners and busy individuals need to resolve issues that require specialised expertise.
This situation is when they go looking for a professional consultant who can provide the knowledge and experience for as little or as long as they need help, which creates new business opportunities every day.
Starting an independent consulting practice is one of the best ways to turn your depth of knowledge and years of experience into a business.
A consultant is an expert who advises others in a specific field or to fix particular problems. To improve results in their lives or businesses, people bring in one or more consultants to assess issues, provide solutions, and help to implement necessary changes.
Consultants assess an issue and prepare a solution with a focus on processes and provide support until the project is completed.
The pros of independent consulting work
Since you don't need much money to start and you're selling your skills for a set time or a project, consultancy offers you:
- Flexibility to set your schedule
- Ability to earn more with your experience, knowledge and low overhead than with a job
- Startup time is quick, and startup capital requirement is low
The cons of independent consulting work
However, like most home business ideas, consulting has a few disadvantages as well, such as:
- The time it takes to build up and maintain a clientele
- Income may be inconsistent
- No admin and office resources (IT or HR support, accountant, etc.)
While you can turn any knowledge into a consulting business in several industries, here a few of the best industries to consider now.
Website Consulting Business Ideas
- Website designer
- Graphic designer
- UX and UI designer
- SEO Expert
- WordPress/CMS Consultant
- Photographer and Image consultant
Online marketing consulting business ideas
- Online Sales Funnels Consultant
- Social Media Marketing Consultant
- Videographer & YouTube Consultant
- Paid Ad Consultant (Google Ads, Programmatic)
Marketing & PR consulting ideas
- Email, Direct Mail or CRM Consultant
- PR Consultant
- Corporate Retreat Consultant
- Interior Designer
- Event Management Consultant
Publishing consulting ideas
- Copywriter and writing Consultant
- Fiction Writer Consultant
- Self-publishing Consultant
- Book Editor
E-Commerce consulting business ideas
- eBay/Gumtree/Facebook Marketplace/Amazon Consultant
- Shopify/Magento Consultant
- E-commerce Implementation Consultant
Personal development consulting business ideas
- CV/Resume Consultant
- College Counseling
- Time Management Consultant
- Retirement Planning Consultant
- Personal & Home
- Clothing/Wardrobe/Fashion/Image Consultant
- Fitness Consultant / Personal Trainer
- Wedding Planner
- Dating Consultant
- Life Coach
- Career Counselling
Business-related consulting ideas
- Bookkeeping Consultant
- Employee Motivation Consultant
- Business Presentations Consultant
- Fundraising Consultant
Green consulting ideas
- Organic Farming Consultant
- Environmental Consultant
- Air Quality Consultant
IT consulting ideas
- Computer Maintenance Consultant
- Computer Network Consultant
- App development and management Consultant
- Cloud migration and cloud services Consultant
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency Consultant
- AI consultant
- IoT consultant
Consult with us
Do you have any consultancy ideas you feel should be added to our list? Let us know in the comments below. Alternatively, if you are a consultant and you're looking for a website or more online leads then speak to us.
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African businesses and freelancers can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online.
Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have time to spare why not check out these related posts and dive deeper down the rabbit hole that is starting a business.
- Over 40 South African Tech Business Ideas That Require Little To No Capital
- 30 Successful Startups That Outsourced Their Development
- Tips To Turn A Failed Startup Into Fruitful Business
- Branding For The Online Start-Up
- Alternative Funding Solutions a Small Business Needs to Know