74 Gifts To Get Every Type Of Mom This Mothers Day
04 May 2021
A Complete Guide To Pinterest Account Verification
02 May 2021
How to Incorporate Art Deco Style into Any Space
29 April 2021
10 Games That Reward You In Cryptocurrency
27 April 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
How To Make Peppermint Tart
South Africans "hou van lekker eet" and that doesn't limit us to braai and boerewors. We've also got a pretty strong sweet tooth that has birthed dishes like Milk tart, koeksisters, Malva pudding and of course peppermint tart. The peppermint tart may be a popular dish and easy to make, but for some reason, we often save it as a delicacy that's only pulled out during the festive season along with the gammon and crayfish.
Don't ask me why. I don't make the rules, I only comment on them. The peppermint tart isn't hard to make. Still, I'm told because of the specific ingredients needed to make it, it's pretty hard to replicate offshore, making it all the more South African and a reason to stop kidding yourself in the UK, NZ and Australia and come home already.
Now that I've made you "lus". Let's look at ho you make this South African dessert dish.
One thing about this dish is that it is not ingredient intensive, it's literally four things and you're done. So even if you have none of the ingredients in the house, it would take one trip to the store and you probably wouldn't be longer than 15 minutes.
- A Ayrshire whipping cream
- Nestlé Caramel Treat
- Bakers Tennis Biscuits
- Nestlé Peppermint Crisp, roughly broken into chunks or grated
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
If you're not keen on the workout you can use electric stand-mixer for about 3 minutes on a medium speed and then speed it up for the last minute
- In a separate bowl, beat the caramel with a fork to loosen and to ensure a smooth texture.
- Gently fold the caramel into the whipped cream, then add most of the chocolate pieces (set aside a cupful for decoration).
- Line a dish with a single layer of whole Tennis biscuits.
- Top with half the caramel mixture, then adds another layer of Tennis biscuits.
- Pour the remainder of the caramel mixture over the second layer of Tennis biscuits.
- Sprinkle the last of the Peppermint Crisp chunks over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and chill for at least 7 hours before serving.
Get started with your tart
There you have it, your tart is done and dusted. So do you really have an excuse not to make one right now? Not only is it super easy to make (there’s literally only 4 ingredients), it is also ready in almost no time. Have you made peppermint tart before? Do you have any tips or changes you've made to the original recipe? How often do you make it? Let us know in the comments below.
If you do prepare one take a photo and share it on social media and tag us in the post, we'd love to see your tasty attempt.
Get started with nichemarket
Do you have a food-related business? Then join our growing community. Registering with nichemarket is easy, all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and you have time to spare, then why not dive deeper down the rabbit hole and check out the following posts:
- Support Local Distilleries By Drinking Any Of These South African Gins
- The Best Braai Memes Only South Africans Will Find Funny
- Snacks That South African Travellers & Expats Miss The Most
- 14 Health Benefits of Drinking Gin