Mind, Body & Soul
5 Useful Habits For Every Day
13 May 2021
Mind, Body & Soul
How Movies Affect Mental Health
13 May 2021
How To Become A Scrum Master
13 May 2021
A Guide To Setting Up A Bitcoin Lightning Node
12 May 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
74 Gifts To Get Every Type Of Mom This Mothers Day
Mother's day is around the corner, and the clock is ticking. The big question on everyone's mind is, "What to get mom for mother's day?" Mom does so much for us, and the last thing we want to get her is something she doesn't want or need.
How to find out what Mom wants or needs
If you ask Mom directly, you'll get a good enough answer. But we all like a good surprise, and if you do a tiny bit of snooping plus add what Mom likes, you'll get an idea of what she wants or needs!
Take your cue's on her interests or direct hints, i.e. what she always asks for. If she constantly complains about being tired or needing a break, use this. If you see a big hole in her gown or worn-out bed slippers, that might be the answer. You have to be observant and know your Mom a little. And unless your Mom loves taking bubble baths, don't get her bubble bath! Mom's actually rarely have Time to indulge in this activity; instead, opt for a good hand cream; we could all do with good hand cream!
Before we move along to the good stuff, we would like to give you a fair warning on things not to get Mom! Here are a few guidelines:
- Don't get the things she doesn't want or are of no interest to her; take cues on her wants and needs. Super cute teddies are fabulous, but they will land up being some grandkids toy in the long run.
- If she is not an avid baker or chef, don't get cookbooks, baking books or a new gadget for the kitchen. This is a direct insult.
- Don't get her things mutually beneficial to the family; This is not a family day gift; it's a Mother's day gift. It's got to be about her and her alone.
- Gifts with a bit of sentiment are always a winner.
- Gifts don't have to cost an arm and a leg; the homemade gifts are much more appreciated, as is the gift of Time.
We reached out to several real moms to help build the perfect gift list for your convenience this Mother's day.
74 Gift Ideas for Mother's Day
Gifts every Mom wants:
- Massages, Manicures & Pedicures
- A trip to the Hair Salon
- A kid-free weekend away
- Chocolate She can eat by herself
- Vouchers from her favourite store
- Homemade gifts & cuddles
- Experiences with the kids
- Experiences without the kids
- A good hand lotion
- Photo or Video Memory book!
Gifts for the Mom with little or non-adult kids
Every Mom who has young to non-adult kids wishes she has some Time Out - a day, an afternoon, anything. Just some time herself. Here are some winning ideas with this Mom will love!
- A responsible free day just by herself, where she can do anything she wants, she sets the terms.
- A Yes Day from the kids - where they say yes, not us. Lol.
- Cuddles, Drawings, Paintings
- Breakfast, followed by the kitchen cleaned spotless.
- Homemade Chore Voucher Book - for chores and pampering items, like cleaning the kitchen or bathroom, foot rubs, cook a meal, etc. Depending on the age of the kid, there is lots of room to be creative here.
Gifts for Moms who love to Lunch, the foodies
- High Tea Vouchers for her and a friend
- Paid reservation at her favourite restaurant for her and a plus 1 (if you an adult, this can be you).
- An experience at a new place she has wanted to try.
- If she is into baking or cooking, a new cookbook or baking book, something she has had her eye on.
- Editable goodies that she doesn't have to share if she doesn't want to.
- Good Coffee
- Mug or Apron with a slogan that suits her.
Gifts for the Tired / Busy Mom
Tired moms could always do with some indulgence gifts. Don't give her vouchers; they will probably expire. Book the treatment yourself, she will appreciate it so much more. She will be sure to enjoy one of the following:
- Manicure &/or Pedicure
- Monthly Grooming appointments - pre-booked - Better yet, reserve the treatments right at home.
- A home-cooked meal she didn't have to prepare herself.
- Take her out to do something she loves.
- Do her chores for a week - or at least some of them.
- Cleaning service booked regularly.
Gifts for the Mom who loves Lounge / Sleepwear
Not all Mom's hate these types of gifts, but overabundance isn't necessary. If you see an item that needs replacing, get them for her; she'll love them.
- Lovely plush gown
- Bed slippers
- Slouchy crop-top sports bras
- Comfy pyjamas
- Comfy tracksuit pants and hoodies - so she looks like a respectable hobo when she picks you up from school.
- New sneakers
Gifts for the Sporty Mom
Any type of new activewear, get a size bigger so you don't have to worry about fit:
- Tights - various lengths
- Sports Bras
- Dry Fit Tops
- Sports Socks
- Sneaker's geared towards her sport of choice
- Equipment for her sport of choice
- Time out to experience her activity of choice each week
- Fitness subscription she has had her eye on
Gifts for the Mom Who loves Films & Series
- A Netflix subscription
- A Showmax subscription
- Merchandise and swag from her favourite show or movie
- Tickets to the cinema
- Home Cinema night - movie or series marathon she loves, with popcorn and treats she loves.
Gifts for the Stylish Mom
- Hair Accessories to Spruce Up Her Mom Bun
- New winter boots
- A new pair of heels
- Clothing Items in her style
- Satin Pillowcases or Anti-aging pillowcases
Gifts for the Mom who loves Beauty products
- New makeup brushes
- Makeup products
- Skincare products
- Hairstyling tools
- Makeup workshop course
Gifts for the Hijaabi Mom
- Beautiful prints scarves
- Scarf pins
- Scarf pinning workshop course
Gifts for the Bookworm or Geeky Mom
Depending on the kind of geek your Mom is, here are some ideas that could make her day!
- A new book or Voucher for ebooks if she loves reading.
- Fan Merchandise in her favourite geek theme: books, mugs, socks, knits, novelties, etc.
- DIY Cards in her favourite themes
Gifts for Moms with Green Fingers
- Pot plants
- New seedlings
- Garden and landscaping magazines
- Garden equipment that needs replacing
Gifts for the Older Mom
- Your Time & appreciation: Here, the ladies say one thing. They want our time and appreciation most of all. They might be older, and we might not need them as much, but they still love to know we want them and need them in our lives. Doing things with you. Experiences, Lunch, a walk, anything, just the gift of having in their life regularly, and knowing you want and need them in your life. Not just on Mother's day but every day.
All Mom's really want is to be appreciated.
And the best way to do this is in her love language. We are all unique, and all have different likes and needs. But it's the little things that show you listen and care that makes us feel appreciated. But you don't have to wait till Mother's day, show your Mom you love her every day.
What's your take on Mother's Day?
Personally, I'm a bit of a sentimental nut when it comes to things like this. I appreciate the little things. Just to feel appreciated and recognised is enough. Some spoils would not hurt, of course. But the sentiment is what matters, not just on one day, but every day.
We'd love to hear your thoughts; if you have something to add to the list or would love to share your sentiments below, comment below and let us know what's on your mind.
A Special Thanks To All Mom's Who Contributed
A special thanks to all the Moms who helped put this amazing list together! There are too many names to mentions. Thank you to every one of you super Moms who took the time out of your busy days and threw some ideas our way! Much love and appreciation from all of us at nichemarket.
Happy Mother's day to one and all!
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African retail businesses can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online.
Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have more time to spare, why not check out these related posts and dive deeper down the rabbit hole that is shopping.
- 9 Valuable Decor Items You Can Find at Antique Stores
- 10 South African Sites Selling Essentials Online
- How To Find Coupons & Vouchers Online In South Africa
- 12 Loyalty And Rewards Programs for South African Moms To Milk
- 46 South African Subscription Box Services
- 42 Discounts & Deals Just For South African Pensioners
- 22 Deal Sites for the Penny-wise South African