Why You Need Barcodes For Your South African Business
01 July 2022
The Best Plant-Based Bobotie
30 June 2022
3 Steps For Your Company To Go Paperless
27 June 2022
DALL-E: Image Generation By Description
26 June 2022
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
Exercise For Beginners: How To Get Started
The past year has given many of us some time to reflect on our lifestyle and the routines we've picked up over the years. Many of us have naturally become more health-conscious and aware of our mortality. As a result, we've seen a spike in the interest regarding eating healthy and of course excercise.
The ease of convenience that is modern life allows us to avoid what would have been considered excercise, such as walking, running and hiking, and we now see these as recreational activities. As a result, our bodies have become softer and weaker, and many have never had the need to excercise until now.
If you have decided that you are ready to start a home workout routine but are not quite sure where to start, we have some simple steps to help you get started.
Here's what you need to know:
- Find different types of exercise and try different ways to make exercise enjoyable: whether you're attending a group fitness class or trying a yoga routine on YouTube, looking for bodyweight workouts or exploring them at home in your living room.
- Remember that the key to a successful workout is to warm up your muscles before training and cool them down immediately after training.
- Once you get used to it and have learned how to do the exercise, it's time to push yourself even harder during the workout. Make sure you repel yourself and don't overdo it, and talk to a professional who can help you understand the best exercises for you - You can run for three to five minutes on the treadmill or two to three hours on the treadmill.
- There are many support groups and pages to assist you along the way, whether these are on Facebook or on fitness websites. Another good place to look for support is on YouTube and Instagram.
- Use the information you have to evaluate your current fitness status and work out which program is best for you. Ask a fitness and health professional to interpret this information or make an appointment for a fitness assessment.
If you haven't exercised before
If you are new to sports or have not been physically active for a while, consulting a personal trainer when designing your fitness program can help reduce injuries and tailor your program to your needs. If you need some extra motivation, a personal trainer can also get you on the right track with free personal training.
Top tips for newbies to exercise
Eat healthily, drink plenty of water, read health and fitness magazines, get inspired by photos of active people, visit fitness websites and find exercises that work for you. Look at how you start training for the first time and watch how you begin your transformation.
Make friends, motivate each other with comments and workout summaries and before you know it, you're living the fitness lifestyle!
If you decide to exercise regularly, try to create a plan that includes achievable steps toward your goals. It is a good idea to join a gym (where possible) or take a virtual fitness class such as yoga or pilates, hire a personal trainer or play team sports if you can and want to help increase your motivation and fun. If you make fitness a priority by starting with achievable goals, it will help you make your work something to look forward to.
Other benefits of exercising
Physical fitness is crucial for both your mind and body and you will be amazed at what you can achieve if you remain active and determined. Once you get the green light from your doctor, there will be no obstacle to achieving your fitness goals.
Therefore, use these fitness tips to overcome them and put you on the road to your health and fitness journey. Again, your gym workout and your own pace will determine how you start this fitness journey.
Choose the right way to get started, maintain your fitness and health and maintain it in the right way so that you can maintain yourself and your health for the rest of your life.
About the author
Ryan Stinson is an experienced creative writer for Technical Writers; Ryan possesses an A* A level in English Literature. After taking a gap year before acquiring a full-time career in content creation, Ryan also worked as a personal trainer for his local gym, where he developed his wealth of knowledge in the health and fitness industry.
Tell us your story
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African sport-related businesses can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online.
Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have time to spare why not check out these related posts and dive deeper down the rabbit hole that is fitness
- Get Your Fitness & Wellbeing Related Business Listed Online
- GoPro: capturing your adventures on the go
- When Should You Be Replacing Your Running Shoes?
- 8 Fitness Apps to Help You Get in Shape Fast
- Fitness Apps That Pay You In Cryptocurrency
- 6 Considerations Before Starting A Home Gym
- Habits That Hurt Your Workout
- How Exercise Reduces Stress and Anxiety
- 6 Major High-Intensity Interval Training Mistakes You Are Making