Tips for Using Antiques Effortlessly in Modern Spaces
17 September 2021
Simple Yet Effective Ways Your Business Can Be More Eco-Friendly
16 September 2021
5 Reasons Why Africans Love Bitcoin
13 September 2021
How To Write A Cover Letter For A Recruitment Agency
13 September 2021
Trending Music Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
24 August 2018
Trending Fashion Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 April 2018
Trending Wedding Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
18 September 2018
Trending Beauty Hashtags To Get Your Posts Noticed
05 July 2018
3 Recipes For Making Canna-butter
Cannabis edibles are becoming an increasingly popular mode of consuming the plant. It is a smoke-free means of utilizing the plant for enhanced benefits. More users are excited to try innovative and exciting new recipes with cannabis to enjoy this incredible plant for the various extraordinary flavours and consistent dosage.
Cannabis cooking has become a rage across the globe, and homemade edibles such as cannabutter, canna olive oil can be an exciting start for cannabis cooking adventures. Cooking with CBD or cannabis-based products can come in all shapes and sizes but oils and butter often form the base of all cannabis-infused or CBD based foods. So if you're looking to get into cannabis or CBD based foods then canna-butter or canna-oil is a great place to get started.
What is cannabutter?
Cannabis is home to many fat-soluble cannabinoids that are beneficial for your health. Cannabutter is a product of combining cannabis with butter to infuse the cannabinoid from the extracts into it.
It is useful for preparing a variety of edibles quickly, such as pasta, cookies, etc. There are several cannabis-infused edibles by premium brands such as cbdfx that offer a wide range of products with variable potency. But preparing cannabis edibles at home can be a fun and exciting experience.
The ingredients needed for homemade cannabutter
Cannabutter is a simple recipe to prepare. Cooking cannabutter at home is easy and effective as you can alter the potency based on your choice.
For the cannabutter preparation, you will need,
- Dried Cannabis Flowers or Buds or Full spectrum CBD oil
- ½ cup of salted butter
- ½ cup of water
3 Ways to prepare cannabutter
Start with decarboxylation
Decarboxylation refers to activating the cannabinoids of the cannabis plant. This process ensures the cannabinoid chemicals which are previously in acid form convert to CBD and THC. It enhances the potency of your cannabutter and initiates psychoactive effects and health benefits as expected.
To perform decarboxylation on cannabis, pick dried flowers of the desired strain. Arrange a parchment paper on the baking tray and coarsely spread the dry flowers all over it.
Now bake the flowers, for about 1/2 hour at 240-degree Fahrenheit. The nutty, earthy aroma of the flowers will brim when properly roasted, and now the buds are ready for use.
Ground the decarboxylated cannabis flowers to a coarse texture using a food processor and transfer to a jar for use.
Recipe 1 - Fast infusion method
If you wish to take a simple route to prepare cannabutter, this stovetop method is the right choice.
How to Prepare
- Add a drop of oil to a saucepan placed on top of a stove and add ½ cup of butter.
- Let the butter melt, and when done, add the ground buds to it.
- Stir and let the mixture simmer in low heat for about 45 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid burning. You should see bubbles forming on the surface while the buds infuse into the butter.
- Remove the liquid from the stove and strain it is using a cheesecloth into a glass dish or mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Squeeze the plant matter residue in the cloth to remove every bit of butter available.
- Your cannabutter is ready for immediate consumption or storage.
Recipe 2 - Slow Cooker Method
Using a slow cooker to infuse your cannabis extracts into the butter is an efficient way to prepare your cannabutter. It ensures that the butter does not dry out or burn, unlike in the stove methods.
How to Prepare
- Add ½ cup of butter along with the ground cannabis buds into a slow cooker.
- Add about ½ cup of water to the cooker, and let it cook slowly for at least three hours. Make sure to stir occasionally during the cooking time. When the butter gets thoroughly infused, remove the mixture, and use a cheesecloth or strainer to separate the butter and plant matter into a glass container or mason jar.
- Place the butter for refrigeration once the mixture cools down. It will help to harden the butter and separate the water in a layer.
- Remove the water from the butter, and your cannabutter is ready for use.
Recipe 3 – Full-Spectrum Oil Method
This method is slightly different from the first two methods and uses readily available full-spectrum oils available on the market. It is possible to choose the right potency of your choice in this method.
The infusion process is also relatively quick and easy. Remember to read the label and buy decarboxylated oil instead of raw extracts oil. This way, you can skip the decarboxylation process.
How To Prepare
- Place a saucepan on a stove and add ½ cup of butter to it.
- Let the butter melt, and when done, add the desired dose of full-spectrum extract oil to it.
- Stir continuously to make sure the oil mixes completely with the butter.
- Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool.
- Cannabutter is ready for use.
Tip: To calculate the required dosage, read the label, and understand the potency of the oil. Based on the potency, you can determine the volume of oil you can add to the butter.
Cannabutter is best when used freshly after preparation. But it is also easy to store and use later. Keeping it away from sunlight, humidity, and high temperature can increase the shelf life of the cannabutter effectively.
Always store cannabutter in a glass jar or container or a plastic wrap. Make sure the container has an airtight lid and place in the refrigerator for the longest shelf life.
How long can cannabutter be stored?
Many people claim that cannabutter can be safely stored for several months if refrigerated properly. Although this could be true, it is best to use it within one month from the date of preparation. This way, the butter retains the original flavours and quality better. You can whip a fresh batch every month to make sure it is potent and effective.
Adding some salt to the butter while it’s cooling down can enhance the flavours and increase shelf life. The shelf life of your butter reduces whenever you place it at room temperature for a long time.
To cope with this disadvantage, you can pour the cannabutter into an ice cube tray and add some herbs for flavouring and freeze it. Remove one cube when required for cooking and utilize it without jeopardizing the entire batch.
An important point to keep in mind while consuming cannabis edible is dosage. Predetermine the dosage before you add the buds or oil to the edibles based on your requirement. Also, cannabis edibles take longer than other methods to kick in, so do not overeat as it could cause substantial discomfort.
Use these simple cannabutter recipes to whip a fresh edible at home for the best health benefits. You can use this cannabutter for preparing other recipes or spread it directly on your toast to relish the flavour and health benefits. Alternatively, you can shop cannabutter jars at an online dispensary to reap the benefits of cannabis.
Tell us your story
Are you looking to promote your business?
South African natural medicine businesses can create your free business listing on nichemarket. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online.
Registering with nichemarket is easy; all you will need to do is head over to our sign up form and follow the instructions. If you require a more detailed guide on how to create your profile or your listing, then we highly recommend you check out the following articles.
If you enjoyed this post and have time to spare why not check out these related posts and dive deeper down the rabbit hole that is the cannabis treatment.
- How To Earn Cryptocurrency With Cannabis-Related Content
- Trending Hashtags For Cannabis Enthusiasts
- Popular Hashtags For Natural and Alternative Medicine
- 10 Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for Great Health
- CBD for Anxiety - What Should I Know?
- Can You Make Your Own CBD Oil?